Thursday, September 23, 2010

Diversity of Freedom


Today I was thinking... "I want to paint today", paint what? and suddenly out of the blue I started to draw as usual on copy paper.  Why do I always do that?  So I get all done and think ok so why did I draw this particular person today?  Then I painted her.

I decided to call her Diversity of Freedom.  The reason is because of what happened last week when some nut was going to burn the Quran, the Muslim holy book.  I was so outraged that such an arcaic act could take place in this country, after all we as individulas have the right to practice religion of any faith in the USA.  So Freedom was born once again in the USA, and she could be our neighbor, friend, foe, sister, Mother....well you get the idea.  I have been a freedom fighter for human rights for a very long time and I guess it has to be worked out of my system once and for all in this particular matter.

I am not a Muslim nor do I follow their teachings, but they have the right to believe the way they want to just as we do as Christians, Catholics, Hindus, Jews, Orthadox, Atheist, Jehovia Witness, Luthern, Baptist, well you get the meaning.  Some days a girl just has to let it out!

No comments: