Friday, February 22, 2008

Painted Tags and My Sissy is Comming 2morrow!!!



These are some tags I made. They were a technique from a yahoo group called The Artist Circle. Great group if you want to lean techniques with a really great bunch of people.

First we stained our tags with coffee, then applied color in varrious ways, dry brushed with gesso and then embellished. Some had pockets, some had collage, charms, buttons ect. I always have to be different. I love to draw and paint so for some of these I did just that. The drawings are from a book of Indian design, I freehand these from looking at the pictures. I then painted them with just black and white. Hopefully you can see what I wrote on them, also taken from the book. I love drawing the designs so you may see them again somewhere.

Next up.... my big sister is comming for the weekend! She lives in NY I live in FL. I am so excited that my Sissy is comming! Sounds silly I know considering how old I am but it is the way it is. She likes to make art too, and is very good at it but she won't admit it. Will we make art? Dunno maybe we have alot to talk about and sometimes we just hang out. I hope her flight doesn't get cancelled, tonight she told me they were having ice storms in Buffalo so I will pray to the Great Ice Goddess in the sky to stop it long enough for her plane to take off!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOVE these tags. Your blog is wonderful. Thanks for visiting my blog so I could find yours! I plan to visit frequently.

mary schweitzer said...

Oh I'm so glad you get to see your sis! I totally understand how you feel. My sibs are spread out all over the place and I don't get to see them for years.
I hope you guys have a blast together!
Mary

Lisa said...

You have a beautiful blog. And I love your name, MoonWillow.

Kathi said...

These tags are wonderful!

Great blog.

Thanks for letting me know that I had won. I forgot to check back!