Monday, July 5, 2010

Chaos!

New York! Well what can I say it was fun at times and not so fun at times! All in all I am so glad I went to see my beautiful family. I travelled a lot while there first flying in to Buffalo, then taking the train to Albany, and in between that travelled here and there and everywhere. Then back to Buffalo by train, finally to arrive back home. In all I was gone 2 and 1/2 months.





While I was there I started a canvas that was done haphazardly here and there just like my life takes it's twist and turns so did the canvas. It is painted on fabric and sewn and embellished. The only name I can give it if it must have a name is Chaos! The hectic pace of my visit reflects my life on the move.



The picture is scanned in two segments and I tried to knit them together in photo shop but it appears to have a seam on the right that isn't there. This really is just one continuous piece.


I also made this little tag book. Can you guess what it is made of?



A toilet paper roll! I think it came out rather cute and I can see a bunch of them to make a tag book.

I made my way to Pennsylvania too to visit more family, that was a very good visit so refreshing! Just look at what I saw...



That is Jack's Mountain. As I sat on my cousin Judy's porch that was my view, so peaceful! On top of that mountain are 3 crosses but you can not see them in my pic. Later on I will do a post about that mountain and a picture I drew in my journal.
On the way down a treacherous mountain we got in a fit of giggles by the time we got to the bottom I was thankful!


I went to an art show in Lockport, NY and picked up a few items. My sister bought a fantastic picture and a beautiful gourd!





and then she went and got a kitty! So sweet...



On the way home I asked her what she was going to name her and she said Coco, so I said OH! like Coco Channel? so that is her name Coco Channel! My sister wears Chanel No 5 a lot and I loved the movie so that is where I got the Channel part. If she thought that first she didn't mention it but she may have, we think alike sometimes.

I played around with paper clay too, and not sure where I will use these but I brought them home and some of that clay too!



And made some pretty flowers...


I did a picture with Citra Solve cleaner. You paint a magazine with citra solve and let it sit for about 20 minutes, press out the ink between sheets of absorbent paper then peel your pages and let them dry. After they are dry you find an image using your imagination and draw it out with a pen. It is a lot like looking at clouds and seeing images.




Finally it was time to get ready for the Tim Holtz weekend at Buffalo Stamps! I was soooooooooo excited! I will make another post about that weekend because it will be lengthy and this one post is already long. I decided to make an apron to wear because I usually tend get paint, glue, ink, fibers, chocolate etc. all over me when I work!








My sister made me a name tag so I wouldn't forget who I was....



Well that's it for now and if you have stayed this long THANK YOU! for reading my gibberish. I will be posting again soon about the Tim Holtz weekend but right now, my daughter from NY (the one I just visited) is here for a visit! LOL she missed her Moma!

No comments: